Talk:Wei Wei (male writer)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Hi, I am the founder of this page and i am also a JMSC0101 student. I noticed the problem and i am eager to solve it as i also don't whether i should continue to edit this page or not. Unfortunately, I have no idea of how to merge the 2 pages. Is there anyone can help? By the way, is it that we will use Wei Wei instead of Wei wei?
Is the founder of the page "Wei Wei" a member od JMSC0101? If so, I'd like to say there is another page called "Wei wei"! If the founder of that page is also a student of JMSC0101, that would be overlapping! I'm a student of the course mentioned above. I couldn't add things to the page because I don't know which is the right page~ Please give me some guidance a.s.a.p. Thx a lot~
- You're right, we have a duplicate article here. I have put merge notices on both articles; unfortunately, I have no idea which capitalization is correct, so I don't know which article should be kept... -- Ferkelparade π 16:44, 6 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Hello! Nice to hear from you, my groupmate. Unfortunately I have made my contribution to another article about Wei Wei. And it seems the founder of that article did not know this problem yet. If you can ,please help merge the two. I just try to merge them but the process is again very complicated ( for me only may be ). I don't know where should I start. May be you can help.
I just want to know how we can distinguish each other in this 'discussion' page because I don't really know who's talking to who here. I don't even know how to place my user name at the end of what I've just sad like user Ferkelparade did. Thank you very much for helping me solve this problem!
- to sing a talk page entry with your user name, just put 3 tilde signs (~) at the end like this: ~~~ (or four tilde sings (~~~~) to include time and date).
- As for the duplicate articles, we just have to settle on one of the two articles (Wei wei or Wei Wei) and put all the information we have in one of the articles, then we can redirect the other one to the merged article (to do that, just replace the article's text with #REDIRECT [[Target Article]]). As I said, I don't know how Chinese names are usually capitalized, but I guess Wei Wei woud be the correct title (after all, standard English spelling is Mao Zedong, with both parts of the name capitalized). Oh, and by the way, welcome to Wikipedia :) -- Ferkelparade π 22:40, 6 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Hi there my groupmates from JMSC 0101. I've just noticed the problem, and i agree that we should stick to using Wei Wei. 0101LINdy
- I've tried to put the two together. Please see if this is satisfied. And I propose we all use Chinese Big 5 to achieve coherency.
Thank you very much Ferkelparade! 0101LIUyf 16:56, 7 Oct 2004 (UTC)
HI there this is 0101HOcc am experiencing problems when trying to edit the first paragraph ~ help help
What's the problem?0101LIUyf 16:07, 11 Oct 2004 (UTC)
i am sure u guys received email from miss li.... We are now way behind other groups and miss li also mentioned this in the tutoial class. So we MUST put more effort in it although i understand that it's really hard to find info about wei wei. Let's try our best and we are a team, right? :) have a nice day ~~ (0101YEUNGyl)
Yes I totally agree with Yeung! =) I think we need to work in a more organised way. That is we should avoid doing duplicated abortive work. I will go to the HKU Library to search for books, wisenews, ebnews related to Wei Wei today (12/10/2004). And I'll go to baidu and search engines to search for info about Wei Wei. It is very hard to look for information~wei wei that is related to JOURNALISM. Ms Li where can we find those Journalism information? Thanks 0101HOcc
Have you guys search through Baidu , google, search?????????????? MAke sure we got everything from the web If not please do. While I find books on wei wei 0101HOcc
I've just done some proof-reading and made some changes over some grammatical stuff but I forgot to log in in advance...0101LIUyf 17:55, 14 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Why would there be another Wei wei page again? 0101LIUyf 16:24, 16 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Hello~~ I want to ask whether the content page can be edited or not? (0101TSEfh)
I did some minor formatting changes (removed unnecessary <br> tags, removed numbers from lists, reformatted the opening paragraph etc) in accordance with the Manual of Style. One more comment: almost all of Wei Wei's works are only mentioned with their Chinese titles. It might be a good idea to supply English translations of these titles; otherwise, people who don't have Chinese fonts installed will just see long lists of question marks :P -- Ferkelparade π 12:47, 17 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Participation in the Project
It seems that not many of our groupmates had participated in this project. Hope those who still did not join will soon join us. Besides, we have to do some editing coz some information had been repeating.
Best Regards, 0101HUNGmm
1) I borrowed a few books about Wei wei and there's a comprehensive list of the prose, poetry that he has written. But the problem is , I don't know how to type chinese and I don't know how to translate those chinese titles into English. Can I give the books to one of you?
Edit edit edit edit edit edit edit
I cannot emphasize this more. Many of your entry need translation work, otherwise it reads like jibberish to English speakers. Keep at it! (JMSC0101 TA - Li) Lfcho 16:09, 19 Oct 2004 (UTC)
how to translate?
Although this article is comprehensive, it seems to be rather awkwardly written (not to mention overly verbose), so I'm going to edit it down, hope there are no objections. Karajanis 21:11, 26 November 2006 (UTC)